Smile Transforming Charlottesville & Crozet Porcelain Veneers
If you want to brighten, straighten, or perfect your smile, the Crozet and Charlottesville Blue Ridge Dental teams are here to help. Our skilled cosmetic dentists offer a number of treatment options, and we create treatment plans personalized to meet your unique needs. Porcelain veneers are some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry services we provide. These versatile solutions can be used to correct or conceal any number of cosmetic flaws. When you’re ready to get started, call our Charlottesville or Crozet dental office to get started with a cosmetic dentistry plan.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are thin sheaths of dental grade porcelain that affix to the front surfaces of teeth to correct and conceal cosmetic flaws. Before placement, these veneers are ultra thin, but once in place, they can correct cosmetic flaws and strengthen teeth.
When are Veneers Used?
Veneers are recommended in a number of situations, including the following:
- To conceal tooth staining when traditional teeth whitening proves ineffective
- To correct a number of minor or moderate smile flaws like chips and cracks
- To address orthodontic issues like gaps between teeth or crowding
- To build up tooth enamel following extensive wear
Why Should I Consider Porcelain Veneers?
No cosmetic dentistry treatment will work in every situation, but porcelain veneers are a versatile solution that can be effective for many patients. During your cosmetic dentistry consultation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that addresses all of your cosmetic dentistry concerns. Some of the reasons patients choose porcelain veneers include:
- The high quality porcelain is stain resistant, so you can enjoy your favorite foods and beverages while maintaining a flawless appearance
- Veneers can be used to correct a number of flaws all at once, quickly and effectively creating a beautiful smile
- You don’t have to worry about spending years undergoing more advanced restorative dentistry or orthodontic services when you can create a flawless smile with veneers
How are Veneers Placed?
Veneers are placed over the course of two trips to our office. During the first appointment, we prepare teeth by removing a small amount of surface tooth enamel. This makes it possible for the veneers to fit within the natural line of the smile. Once your teeth are prepared, we capture impressions of your smile and create a design for our dental lab. Finally, we place a temporary veneer to protect your smile. Once we receive the custom veneer from our lab, you will return for the second appointment. During this shorter follow up visit, we remove the temporary veneer and replace it with the custom porcelain veneer.
Do I Need to Care for My Smile Differently?
For the most part, you can continue to brush and floss as usual after your porcelain veneers are placed. During regular dental appointments in our office, we will partner with you to review your oral hygiene products and help you make the most of your at-home dental health care. Some ways you can reduce your risk for damage or decay and maintain your flawless porcelain veneers for longer include the following:
- Use a soft or ultra soft bristled toothbrush
- Avoid abrasive toothpastes like those with whitening products
- Choose a waxed floss or a water flosser to avoid tugging around the edges of your veneer
- Wear nightguards to protect teeth from nighttime grinding and clenching
- Use sportsguards to protect teeth during athletic events
- Don’t use teeth as tools to open packages or crack nuts
- Drop bad habits like fingernail and ice chewing
- Stop using tobacco products