Teeth Whitening – Charlottesville | Crozet, Virginia
Brighten Your Smile up to Ten Shades
A brighter smile is on almost every patient’s wish list, and if you want to see brilliant white teeth, we can help you achieve your desired results. If you’ve used every whitening product on the oral healthcare aisle at the local pharmacy, it’s time to try professional solutions. To get started, call Charlottesville or Crozet Blue Ridge Dental to schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation. We’ll examine your teeth and help you create a treatment plan to deliver the flawless white smile you desire.
Causes of Dental Discoloration
As part of your teeth whitening treatment plan, we’ll begin by trying to determine the underlying causes of your dental discoloration during your cosmetic dentistry consultation. Some of the main causes of dental staining include:
- Consuming dark colored foods and drinks
- Using tobacco products
- Dental wear that causes diminished enamel density revealing the yellow dentin layer
- Genetic predisposition to have darker tooth enamel
- Use of certain medications during dental development
- Overconsumption of fluoride during dental development
In-Office Teeth Whitening
In-office teeth whitening delivers teeth up to ten shades brighter. We can usually complete this treatment in just an hour. We protect soft tissue using shields. Then, the whitening gel is applied to teeth. After about 20 minutes, we’ll remove the whitening gel and check your progress. In most cases, patients need two to three applications of whitening gel to deliver the desired results.
At-Home Teeth Whitening
We can also provide customized take-home whitening kits to deliver the same results gradually over the course of about two weeks of short, daily applications. Your at-home teeth whitening kit will include a customized application tray that fits snuggly against teeth keeping whitening gel in place. We also offer the same professional grade whitening gel utilized during in-office teeth whitening. These kits are great for gradual teeth whitening, delivering results for patients with dental sensitivity, and touching up the results of your in-office teeth whitening.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
There are many benefits to professional teeth whitening, including:
- Safety and comfort – your dentist will guide you through every step of the process to ensure your comfort and protect your smile from potential damage
- Predictable results – because we customize the whitening plan to address your unique needs, you know you’ll see the brighter white smile you desire
- Improved oral health – those who are proud of their smiles are more likely to work hard to keep them looking great, so this may lead to improve oral health
Maintaining Your Results
To keep your smile looking great, you should limit consumption of dark foods and beverages, and stop using tobacco products. You should also take care to brush teeth twice a day and visit our office every six months to maintain the optimal level oral health and your white smile. Over time, teeth may still begin to discolor, and we’ll be happy to provide a take-home teeth whitening kit for touch ups.